Creative D200 Bluetooth Speaker
> Multimedia (301)
> Multimedia > CCTV (14)
> Multimedia > Misc (10)
> Multimedia > Radio (2)
> Multimedia > Sound (79)
> Multimedia > TV (123)
> Multimedia > Webcam (80)
The Creative D200 is a sound speaker that can receive its audio signal per bluetooth. The speaker can be used together with Linux, if PC or Laptop get paired correctly with the sound speaker.
In Ubuntu 10.04 this can be achieved by the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar. Newer Ubuntu version with Unity have to use the Bluetooth configuration tool from the Dash.
- First one has to start the scan for other Bluetooth equipment.
- While scannin, the Bluetooth-button on the back of the speaker has to be pressed for 3 seconds.
- The speaker will be found during the scan will be listed.
- For pairing the PIN 0000 has to be entered.
- Afterwards, the speaker has to be selected in the audio settings as a new sound destination (e.g. via the menue entry System Settings > Audio Settings or with Unity by using the audio symbol in the upper Menu bar > audio settings)
- Creative D200 has to be selected as “Output”
A step-by-step explanation for Ubuntu 10.04 can be found at http://dakotux.wordpress.com/2011/03/27/creative-d200-on-linux/.
Instead of using Pulseaudio one can access the speaker by using ALSA. In this case the following package has to be installed (for Debian based distributions)
apt-get install bluez-alsa
Alsa needs additional configuration that is described at http://linuxpixies.blogspot.de/2011/09/how-to-bluetooth-speakers-without.html.