GermanyUSACanadaUKFranceEspanaItaliaNederlandsIndiaJapanChina
Logo Canada

Register | Login

Creative Sound Blaster Z CA0132 (Internal Sound Card, PCI Express)

Multimedia Creative, PCI-Express, Sound card

Creative Sound Blaster Z CA0132 (Internal Sound Card, PCI Express)
Linux compatibility: Only the Linux compatibility is rated on this page, not the general quality of the product. If you use this product with Linux, please rate it and share your experience in the comment area of this page (bottom) to support other Linux users.
4 votes, average: 1.5 out of 54 votes, average: 1.5 out of 54 votes, average: 1.5 out of 54 votes, average: 1.5 out of 54 votes, average: 1.5 out of 5
  ( 1.5 with 4 ratings)

Price: CDN$ 109.00 (on stock)
(without shipping costs) Prices provided by Amazon do not include shipping costs that might be due depending on product and Amazon Marketplace supplier.

Buy from Amazon.ca

Price trend
Creative Sound Blaster Z CA0132
Minimum: CDN$ 79.98
Maximum: CDN$ 147.71
Updated: 02/03/2016 07:13

Review of Linux Compatibility

The Creative Sound Blaster Z CA0132 is an internal sound card for the PCI Express port. The card is only partly and unreliably supported by the Linux kernel (see open bug report). It is therefore not recommended to use this card under Linux.

The following error message is shown by the standard (i.e. unpatched) Linux kernel during the initialization of the Sound Blaster Z:

snd_hda_intel 0000:07:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
hda_intel: Disabling MSI
hda-intel 0000:07:00.0: Force to non-snoop mode
...
ca0132 DOWNLOAD FAILED!!! DSP IS NOT RUNNING.

Similar Linux Hardware

scroll left scroll right

Comments

6 Responses to “Creative Sound Blaster Z CA0132 (Internal Sound Card, PCI Express)”

• Michele says:

I purchased SoundBlaster Z and I get NO sound from any Ubuntu distro 32 bit or 64 bit. I have multiple Ubuntu`s of Linux Mint, Ubuntu 14.04-16.10. Ubuntu Kylin 32 bit NO sound with or without front panel connected. NO SOUND period !!!! Nice card for Windows, but not for Linux.

• Michele says:

SoundBlaster Z is listed in system settings, but no sound. I also tried disabling HD Realtek on-board sound. Nothing works.

• Michele says:

Optical out will work on Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit but its unreliable. I will just use on-board audio for Linux for the few times I really need it. This is why people have Windows, because its easy and it just works!! (out of the box)

• H_Miki says:

Sorry but you tried it just with Ubuntu. Maybe just the Ubuntu and the other Ubuntu based distros have problem with this hardware. Try with other distros which are not Ubuntu based. For example I have a Toshiba Laptop which works well with blackPanther OS but freezes with the Ubuntu based distros.

• ThE_MarD says:

Heyyo, Michele I recommend you try using these settings in the terminal:

sudo kill `ps uax |grep pulseaudio | grep -v grep | awk ‘{print $2}’` ; sudo rmmod snd-hda-intel; sleep 3; sudo modprobe snd-hda-intel

See if that helps. I found that only stereo audio worked and I think it was on the line-out port… I could be wrong. Try all ports with music playing to see if it works. I can no longer test it as Windows 10 drivers for the Sound Blaster Z and Recon3D seriously suck and crackle a lot for me so I’ve gone back to the RealTek onboard which works flawlessly on Linux and Windows. I’m never buying a Sound Blaster sound card. Recommend using a USB DAC which will have zero issues or crackling sound since it is outside the computer instead of inside.

• Marc Bourgoin says:

Heyyo,

Since kernel 3.7 the CA0132 sound cards (Sound Blaster Recon 3D and the Sound Blaster Z) have worked properly on Linux 32bit kernel where the firmware loader works properly and says “ca0132 DOWNLOAD OK :-) DSP IS RUNNING.”

Tested up to 3.16.2. 64bit has errors and requires using commands such as…

Start new Discussion

Please use the comment section to submit corrections to the article as well as relevant excerpts of lspci, lsusb, lshw, dmesg e.t.c. Furthermore, use the section for the exchange of experiences with this hardware component or search for configuration help from other owners of this hardware.

Email address will not be published.

Rate Linux compatibility

Use the following HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Allowed file types: txt, jpg, png, gif, maximum file size: 2MB.